Getting Jacked Up in Volgograd (Stalingrad)

Rockman

Hey,
This is Rockman and I am a new guy here.

I was in Volgograd, Russia last month and had a situation with the local police.

It was a weekend night and I wanted to go to the local discos by the Volga river. It was 11:30 PM and I wanted to see some freinds at the sport club.
I went to get my US$ exchanegd for Rusky Rubles at the train station.
Well, after leaving the train station, it was dark and I was by myself walking this dark street, when a police car showed up and stopped.

The police started to talk to me, but I don't understand Rusky. They started laughing at me and were trying to play with me. I think they thought I was Russian, even though I had a US passport with me. I had evidence I was staying at Hotel Volgograd.
Police were "sure" I was Russian.
They then pulled out a aks74u, to us americans its a "krinkov".
This was to scare me straight into speaking Rusky.
Well, I make Krinkov rifles here in the uSA, so I started talkig about these rifles with the police. Then I started talking about the makarovs and the tt33 pistols, which I like alot.
They started to like me and took me to the hotel.

This could have ended worse, I am glad I was able to make them like me.
Just a big Amerikansky that, Russians tell me, looks Russian.

Tell me what you think of this situation, and how I could take care of this better.

Rockman

DM

[QУОТЕ]Оригиналлы постед бы Роцкман:
[Б]Хеы,
Тхис ис Роцкман анд И ам а неw гуы хере.

И wас ин Волгоград, Руссиа ласт монтх анд хад а ситуатион wитх тхе лоцал полице.

Ит wас а wеекенд нигхт анд И wантед то го то тхе лоцал дисцос бы тхе Волга ривер. Ит wас 11:30 ПМ анд И wантед то сее соме фреиндс ат тхе спорт цлуб.
И wент то гет мы УС$ ехчанегд фор Рускы Рублес ат тхе траин статион.
Wелл, афтер леавинг тхе траин статион, ит wас дарк анд И wас бы мыселф wалкинг тхис дарк стреет, wхен а полице цар шоwед уп анд стоппед.

Тхе полице стартед то талк то ме, бут И доньт ундерстанд Рускы. Тхеы стартед лаугхинг ат ме анд wере трыинг то плаы wитх ме. И тхинк тхеы тхоугхт И wас Руссиан, евен тхоугх И хад а УС пасспорт wитх ме. И хад евиденце И wас стаыинг ат Хотел Волгоград.
Полице wере ъсуреъ И wас Руссиан.
Тхеы тхен пуллед оут а акс74у, то ус америцанс итс а ъкринковъ.
Тхис wас то сцаре ме страигхт инто спеакинг Рускы.
Wелл, И маке Кринков рифлес хере ин тхе уСА, со И стартед талкиг абоут тхесе рифлес wитх тхе полице. Тхен И стартед талкинг абоут тхе макаровс анд тхе тт33 пистолс, wхич И лике алот.
Тхеы стартед то лике ме анд тоок ме то тхе хотел.

Тхис цоулд хаве ендед wорсе, И ам глад И wас абле то маке тхем лике ме.
Юст а биг Американскы тхат, Руссианс телл ме, лоокс Руссиан.

Телл ме wхат ёу тхинк оф тхис ситуатион, анд хоw И цоулд таке царе оф тхис беттер.

Роцкман[/Б][/QУОТЕ]

Rockman

Thanks, DM.

Rockman

BAPBAP

2 ДМ, нельзя же так жутко прикалываться с транслитом. 😊
2 Rockman:
You were lucky. Probably they were just showing AK to you, not trying to scare you. If they were thinking about bitting you up or scarring you, they could use pepper spray or riot baton (and they might do it if you were not lucky). But unlikely they would shoot you on spot.
Probably you became a victim of russian cops curiosity. They spotted a foreigner (which was you), decided to have some fun joking a bit about you in front of you knowing that you don't understand them, found out that you are good guy and brought you back to the hotel after conversation, where both sides did not understand each other (well, I think so...its just my view on what did happened to you).
Hmmm, I wonder how did they talk to you. Did they use English? 😊

[edited by BAPBAP]

Uksus

Русский мент кен спик инглишь, унд пуф-пуф варвар.

DeathCharge

Next time Rockman you get jacked like that offer them a bottle of vodka or some money...they like it a lot more then making fun of some unfortunate American who had misfortune to find himself in Volgograd....

BAPBAP

Uksus
Русский мент кен спик инглишь, унд пуф-пуф варвар.
Русский мент сакс биг тайм. 😊

DeathCharge

Рyссиш мент сaкс хорс дик биг тaим