Gast gun

WatcherREME

The Gast Gun was a German twin barreled machine gun developed by Karl Gast of Vorwerk und Companie of Barmen, and used during the First World War. It was notable for its high rate of fire of 1,600 rounds per minute and a unique mechanism that is used today in the Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23L series of Russian aircraft cannon.

The weapon uses two barrels combined into a single mechanism in such a way that the recoil from firing one barrel loads and charges the second. Ammunition was fed into the gun from two vertically mounted cylindrical drums, one on each side of the gun. The drums had a capacity of 180 rounds of German 7.92 mm rifle ammunition, which were fed by a compressed spring one by one into the breech. The changing of ammunition drums could be completed in a few seconds by an experienced gunner. The weapon would also fire single shots if there was a problem with one side of the mechanism.

The gun was relatively light at approximately 27 kg (60 lb) without ammunition[1] and it was felt that it was highly suited to airborne use. A telescopic sight was mounted between the two barrels to aid aiming. The weapon was also easy to maintain, and could be field stripped in one minute, thanks to its simple design.

cabal2600

Never see any devices like this,it looks kinda ugly too..
What kind of system function this weapon have,is it a tilted bolt operation??

b4now

And what? Is it sensation or just interesting to know?
Do you have any question about?

cabal2600

Just interested to know about it...

Kosta_g

Soviet Union-is a very large country, its capital the city of Moscow

b4now

I live is good. I have all. I have no need.
Voronina teacher.

cabal2600

Soviet Union sucks,
I hate it very much,my ancestors suffered those dogs a lot..
And soviet union no more thanks god for it...

bendero

Wow,guys! Your English is good. The weather is fine and sun is shining. My name is Vasya. I live in Zaborsk city. Zaborsk is a central city of Russia with traditional bears and bomzhi with cheap vodka on streets.

cabal2600

brother careful with cheap vodka,it killed a lot of peoples it is technical alchohol basicly methanol mixed with water...
It make a liver cyrosis,after couple hours or days your liver gets yellow color and later without medical attention you die...
Buy good vodka like 3 olives,finland or poland vodka from official stores not cheap gismo stores..

bendero

Yeah, brother, I know 'bout it. I drink only Czekh & German beer. Or Black Label in small dozes during holidays. I'm the only man in my city who don't drink vodka and that's why all citizens call me Lunatic. But my bear protect me from spiteful people.

b4now

Dont chat. A spies can read us.
Thank you all for your warning. I usually carefull with vodka, but local medical care is very poor.

cabal2600

Yep,
Thats how its works,doctors not want to help anyone instead they will give a lot of worthless pills same in usa medicine is pathetic...
Too much private medical offices and all worthless,i never seen they cured anyone yet..

Шляпчинский

э езже да?

V7.62-bis

The Gast Gun was a German twin barreled machine gun developed by Karl Gast of Vorwerk und Companie of Barmen, and used during the First World War. It was notable for its high rate of fire of 1,600 rounds per minute and a unique mechanism that is used today in the Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23L series of Russian aircraft cannon.
The weapon uses two barrels combined into a single mechanism in such a way that the recoil from firing one barrel loads and charges the second. Ammunition was fed into the gun from two vertically mounted cylindrical drums, one on each side of the gun. The drums had a capacity of 180 rounds of German 7.92 mm rifle ammunition, which were fed by a compressed spring one by one into the breech. The changing of ammunition drums could be completed in a few seconds by an experienced gunner. The weapon would also fire single shots if there was a problem with one side of the mechanism.
The gun was relatively light at approximately 27 kg (60 lb) without ammunition[1] and it was felt that it was highly suited to airborne use. A telescopic sight was mounted between the two barrels to aid aiming. The weapon was also easy to maintain, and could be field stripped in one minute, thanks to its simple design.
****Оружие Gast было немецким близнецом barreled пулемет, разрабатываемый Karl Gast Vorwerk und Companie Барменов, и используемый в течение Первой Мировой Войны. Это было выдающееся для его высокой скорости стрельбы 1,600 кругов за минуту и уникальный механизм, который используется сегодня в сериях Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23L русской артиллерии авиации. Вооружение использует два барреля, объединенного в единый механизм таким образом, что откат от зажигания одного барреля загружает и заряжает вторым. Боезапас кормился в огнестрельное оружие от двух вертикально вмонтированных цилиндрических барабанов, один по бокам огнестрельного оружия. Барабаны имели вместимость 180 кругов боезапаса винтовки mm немецкого языка 7.92, которые питаться сжатой весной по одному в зад. Изменение барабанов боезапаса могло бы быть завершено в нескольких секундах опытным артиллеристом. Вооружение также зажгло бы единые удары, если была проблема с одной стороной механизма. Огнестрельное относительно световое перо в приблизительно 27 кг (60 lb) без боезапаса[1] и фетровый, что это чрезвычайно удовлетворяется к воздушно-десантному использованию. Телескопическое зрение взобралось между двумя баррелями, чтобы помочь наводке. Вооружение было также легко для поддержки, и мог бы быть полем, stripped в одной минуте, благодаря его простому проекту. ****

Thank you to the Pragma translator for our happy childhood.
Vodka - it is well, Gast-gun - it is not well))).
We will win!
With kind regards.)))
****Glory To Ukraine!*****