Отправьте это письмо своему конгрессмену.

Old Fart

Dear Congressman Залупкин!

I am upset and extremely disappointed regarding the Department of Defense's recent ruling on selling spent brass for scrap metal rather than to ammunition re-manufacturers. I understand that as of last Friday the current administration has pressured the DoD to destroy spent ammo casings and sell the material to be used only as scrap metal.

I view this as an assault on the gun-owning sportsman who has already seen his ammunition supply dry up. Result: ammo now costs three times as much as it did just a couple of years ago. If this measure is allowed to persist the price of ammo will continue to double, if not triple. Your quick action can prevent this from happening.

The DoD measure is unnecessary and makes no economic sense, whatsoever. The only purpose it truly serves is to effect law-abiding citizens and interfere with our gun owning rights.

Consider this. Selling the spent metal ammo casings for scrap is going to net the government 1/5 of what the value is if sold as casings able to be re-manufactured (as it has been sold prior to last Friday). During a time of government economic crisis that we are presently in...it is downright wasteful not to sell the ammo casings for their highest value.

These casings belong to me as a tax-paying citizen and not to receive the highest post-military value is absolutely unconscionable. Furthermore, it is my understanding that the recycled scrap metal will likely be sold to China. What a kick in the pants to me as an American.

I am asking you to act quickly to do whatever is necessary to reverse this latest government atrocity on the gun owning community. As a voter, I am watching closely to see if your actions (or lack of action) on this matter makes a difference. When someone attacks my most basic of constitutional rights I take the matter very seriously and will marshal my friends to do the same.

I look forward to your response as my Congressman on this important matter. In closing, I am proud to say I am a Lifetime NRA member.

Vavan

Поздно пить боржоми... 😀

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=92095

WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Feds undercut ammo supply
But Defense policy reversed after intervention by 2 Montana senators
Posted: March 17, 2009
9:00 pm Eastern

By Drew Zahn
c 2009 WorldNetDaily

Fired brass shell casings

Responding to two Democratic senators representing outraged private gun owners, the Department of Defense announced last night it has scrapped a new policy that would deplete the supply of ammunition by requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass...

Old Fart

Vavan
the Department of Defense announced last night it has scrapped a new policy that would deplete the supply of ammunition by requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass...

Зассааааааааали, красножопики! 😀 😀 😀

Vavan

Вот если бы ешё начали наши сурплас армейские патроны нам же продавать, это была бы вообше сказка. (ЕМНИП Клинтоновский ЕО это запретил...)

Llandaff

Так у армии нет лишних патронов из-за двух войн. Какой нафиг "сурплас продавать"?

Vavan

Это вам так кажется.