I guess i understand now

sala007

When I started playing last August I found a 9 wood, loved it and built a whole set and then basically just set my irons aside (kept the 9 and the wedges in the bag).

Although I can hit the hell out of those woods Ive been wanting to try a set of irons (3-pw). So I got the used Ping Eye clones for $15 a couple weeks ago.
Just took them out for the first time to practice on a real course today. I made a swing change as well the past week so I just horsed around the first 9 holes trying to find what was working and what wasnt (realizing that while Nicklaus was a great golfer some things that worked for him do NOT work for my swing at all).

Starting the back 9 I had pretty much tuned it up and wow. I can see why a guy would keep a 3 iron in his bag over a hybrid or a wood. I tee'd off with the 3Iron pretty much every hole I could and it was rock solid. Good distance for a newbie who swings like a girl and laser accuracy compared to a long fairway wood. Dont get me wrong, I can keep them on the fairway with my woods, but being able to pick a line and have the ball follow that line so I can get thru tree tops and such...well, its a little harder with the woods.

taylormade rocketballz
Wholesale golf clubs
Left hand golf clubs
Vokey SM4
Vokey SM4 wedges
Titleist SM4 Wedges